What does the word “safeguarding” mean to you?
Perhaps you’ve heard it mentioned, but never explained?
There’s a lot of confusion around safeguarding, especially in the world of sport – what it means, who it’s for and how it works.
Join Neal Anderson (Chief Operating Officer) and Anne Tiivas OBE (Founder and Chair of SSI) for episode 2 of our podcast, as they introduce the meaning and importance of safeguarding within sport.
Topics covered include:
- The 2 main areas of safeguarding
- How safeguarding in sport differs to other environments
- How approaches differ throughout the world
- The role of ‘sporting context’ in safeguarding considerations and risk level
- New and emerging sporting contexts e.g. Esports
- Safeguarding culture
- The importance of Athlete Voice
Please help us spread the word by leaving a review wherever you listen.