In this final conversation, Marcella Leonard (SSI Associate / Safeguarding Consultant) and Kat Craig (CEO of Athlead) explore how organisations can develop an Advocacy approach.
Recognising, identifying and creating social change is difficult. It’s therefore important to take a strategic approach, identifying the key steps required on the journey towards change.
To enable effective organisational change, 3 core elements must be present:
- Authenticity of narratives shared by people with lived experience
- Strategic approach
Advocating for social change requires significant energy, but the cost of inaction is greater.
Key learning from this episode:
- Identify and define the key issue to be addressed
- Identify the audience you need to influence
- Identify who has the power to make the change
- Identify the people to influence – those who can make change happen
- Identify what actions you can take
- Undertake research and educate the organisation
- Identify and establish a team to support and energise the movement towards change
Please help us spread the word by leaving a review wherever you listen.