The aim of this 4-module online course in International Policy and Practice in Safe Sport is to empower individuals and sports organisations working at a national and international level to gain the insight, knowledge and practical guidance necessary to help create a safe sporting environment for all.
Course contents are drawn from academics, experts and survivors across the international sports field, guiding you through the key aspects of safeguarding, and drawing upon current trends in research and evidence.
Key features of the online course include:
- The voice of athletes and survivors of sports abuse provides an armoury of knowledge and stand-out themes for safeguarding in sports, including leadership, culture, and responsibility.
- Trends in research and evidence and why this is important in developing and implementing safeguards and safe sport.
- Policy development – exploring sports and statutory agency safeguarding regulatory frameworks and practice guidance on crafting, revising, and implementing safe sports policies.
- Safeguarding risks in sporting contexts and the conditions that make some athletes more vulnerable to abuse than others.
- Sources of support – the types of support and support mechanisms necessary for staff, volunteers, and athletes.
- Case studies, independent reports, reviews, best practices, and multimedia content offer valuable insights and lessons and equip participants with the tools to navigate complex issues.
The online course is aimed at individuals and sports organisations working at a national and international level. This includes all Managers and Leaders within national and international:
- Sports bodies
- Sports councils
- Funding organisations
Across the four modules, you will learn from the voice of athletes and survivors of sports abuse, providing an armoury of knowledge and stand-out themes for safeguarding in sport, including Leadership, Culture, and Responsibility.
Course learning outcomes
The overall course length is 2.5 – 3 hours of online learning. Please be aware that the length of time will vary, depending on the speed you choose to progress.
It is recommended that you keep reflective notes about what you are learning and how you intend to put those things into practice. Throughout the presentations there will be opportunity to reflect on what you are learning.
You will progress through each module in a linear fashion. Once you have completed a screen the next step will become available. You can view your overall progress at any time by selecting the menu icon on the left side of each module.
The course supports WCAG 2.1 Level AA, including screen readers, keyboard navigation, visible focus indicators, and more. Each module works with the latest versions of NVDA, JAWS, VoiceOver, and TalkBack, in supported browsers.
All audio includes accompanying transcripts.