SSI2023 Global Safe Sport Conference
Hope and Healing: Supporting Athletes & Transforming Sports Cultures
London, 18th-20th September, 2023
Exhibitors and Sponsors
This leading conference in global approaches to safeguarding will address emerging and good practice in themes such as:
- Healing, transformation and the safeguarding process
- The athletes voice – finding healing in advocacy
- Learning into practice – international perspectives on leading change
- Research unveiled – improving athlete safeguarding
- Abuse through technology – the problem
- Forensic interviewing research & education
- Institutional courage
- Trauma informed legal practice – supporting abuse survivors
- Safeguards for all – transforming sport
- Organisational safeguarding through a trauma informed lens
- Trauma informed coaching – lessons from athletes and athlete survivors
- The future of safeguarding research in sport
- Emerging practice at the national level – reporting and responding to concerns
- The role of technology in safeguarding
Pre-conference Research Symposium
The International Research Network on Violence and Integrity in Sport (IRNOVIS) and Safe Sport International(SSI) are delighted to invite established and early careers researchers to gather at Loughborough London and present papers relevant to the field on the 18 September 2023.
Attending in person is highly recommended
In-person attendance will allow you to benefit from the interaction and networking opportunities with safeguarding colleagues and international experts over 3 days.
It will provide:
- First hand access to the speakers and presenters at the event.
- Making new contacts and staying connected to colleagues from across the world.
- Participating in dynamic discussions that offer new ideas and help refine existing knowledge.
- Discussion about major issues in offering hope, healing, and transformation through sport.
- Hearing about and contributing to discussion on current research priorities.
- Learning from onsite exhibitors, conference partners and sponsors.
The conference is a hybrid event, with in person and virtual tickets available. If you purchase a virtual event ticket, you will have access to live-streaming of key elements of the conference.