This course aims at providing you with information on how to respond to a child disclosing concerns or allegations of violence or abuse against him/herself or against another child. Research suggests that the perpetrators of violence against children in sport can be both men and women; coaches, athletes, medical staff, volunteers, etc; but also children and young people. In some countries, there is a legal requirement to report concerns about allegations of violence against children.
On completion of this module coaches will gain knowledge and draw practical applications about:
- What child abuse in sport is
- What we know about child abuse in sport
- The impact and signs of child abuse
- The preventing of child abuse in sport
- Actions taken against child abuse in sport