Advice, evaluation and training to support safe, inclusive, and enjoyable sport for all.
We consult with groups who are at the early stages of change and organisations who are looking to refine and extend their safeguarding practices. Our consultants work at all levels in sport including governmental and non-governmental agencies, international federations, national sports bodies, and competitive sport delivery organisations.
SSI colleagues have been involved in all of the major developments in safe sport over the last 25 years. Specifically, we have worked with the United Nations, International Olympics Committee, Council for Europe, UNICEF, FIFA, and the Commonwealth Games.
- Informed by research
- Guided by athlete voices
- Inclusive and collaborative
- Research and analysis
- Systems, policies, procedures
- Education / training design
- Compliance frameworks
- Honest appraisal
- Working together
- Proportional guidance
The SSI consultancy team includes access to many of the world’s leading experts in safeguarding. We have established an impeccable reputation for collaboration and cutting-edge work, particularly focusing on approach informed by evidence and guided by athlete voices.
- Audit, evaluation, and advice to meet international standards for safe sport
- Guidance to adopt best practices in systems, policies, and procedures
- Support to boards and managers with education and governance advice
- Staff and capacity development with specialist recruitment, on-boarding, mentoring
- Research, evidence gathering, and analysis
- Bespoke training and education design and delivery (in person or online)
Our consultancy in practice
Our consultancy rates reflect the size and purpose of the organisation and the detail of the service provided.
All surplus derived from our consultancy services is reinvested to enable SSI to continue to drive international standards for safeguarding in sport and provide free safe sport advice, i-Protect courses, and guidance.